Barbecued Pork Chops
• 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork chops
• Salt and pepper
• 1 medium green pepper
• 1 medium onion
• 3/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a no-stick skillet with nonstick spray. Place over medium heat. Season chops with salt & pepper. Add pork chops; brown on both sides. Transfer chops to a shallow baking dish. Slice green pepper. Peel and slice onion. Pour barbecue sauce over chops, top with sliced onion and pepper. Cover pan with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until chops are tender.
Makes 4 servings.
Crispy Rice Recepie
• 4 cups crispy brown rice cereal
• 1 cup brown rice syrup
• 2/3 cup peanut butter (or try almond, cashew, even hazelnut)
• healthy dash of umeboshi vinegar
• healthy dash of vanilla
• optional: cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins, roasted almonds, peanuts or cashews
1. Over medium flame, heat up rice syrup & peanut butter, vanilla and vinegar, stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth and bubbling a little.
2. Pour onto crispy rice cereal in the bowl and try to blend well with a spoon.
3. Pour into a pyrex dish & flatten with a wet spatula.
4. Keep cooling. Slice and serve.
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup cashews
3/4 cup shredded sweet coconut
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins
Heat oven upto 250 degrees F. In a bowl, combine the oats, coconut, nuts, and sugar. In another separate bowl, combine maple oil, syrup, and salt. Combine and pour onto 2 sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour, stirring after every 20 minutes to achieve an even color. Remove from oven & transfer into a large bowl. Add raisins & mix until evenly distributed
Thai Chicken Soup
3/4 cup jasmine rice
olive or canola oil spray
1 tsp green curry paste
1 litre MAGGI Real Chicken Stock
200ml CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
1 tsp coconut essence
1-2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
2 stems lemongrass, outer leaves removed, finely chopped
4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
1 tsp minced ginger
500g chicken breast fillets, cut into thin strips
200g green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into thin strips
2 tsp honey
4 large or 6 small bread rolls
Cook rice according to instructions. Spray a non-stick saucepan with oil & cook curry paste over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the stock, milk, chillies, lime leaves, lemon grass, & ginger too. Bring to the boil, and then reduce heat to low, add chicken and simmer for a further 10-15 min. Add beans, rice, capsicum, and honey and simmer for a further 10 min or until vegetables are tender. Serve!